February 19, 2016

Challenges 2016

This year I will be participating in a few challenges that I am excited to take part in.
First Up is the ShelfLove Challenge.
This challenge is hosted by Brandee at Bookworm Brandee
Julie and Lynn at ChapterBreak.net
Terri M., at Second Run Reviews Second Run Reviews.
  • This year I really want to focus on reading the books I have. I will still be reading from the library on the regular, but these books really need to be out of my TBR pile like two years ago. Therefore, in an effort to read everything I own in order to get rid of what I don’t like I will be setting myself up for a challenge of 70 books from my own shelves. That means my goal level for this challenge is labeled as 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady” 


novelheartbeat.com/2015/12/2016-prequel-sequel-challenge-sign-ups/
Second is the Prequel & Sequel Challenge.
This challenge is hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and Melissa @ Writer Grrl Reads 

  • I have plenty of series living on my library shelves. This year I plan to finish more than one series that for years now has just been taking up space. But, I'm not going to push myself for this challenge so I'm keeping with a low goal. 10-25 points: Newbie. 




http://unconventionalbookviews.com/2016-new-release-challenge-sign-up/
Third is the New Release Challenge.
The New Release Challenge is hosted by Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! and
Lexxie@ (un)Conventional Bookviews
  • This is going to be a majority of the library reading that I allow myself for the year, so it'll be a good year to stay on top of the literary evolution. I'm still going fairly easy because, like I said, a vast portion of my reading is coming from MY OWN SHELVES this year. Challenge level: 1-15 books/yr: New Release Newbie 


http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/2015/12/signup-2016-ebook-reading-challenge.html
Fourth and Finally (for now) is the Ebook Reading Challenge
The Ebook Reading Challenge is hosted by Annette @ Annette's Book Spot
  • I have been downloading A LOT of free ebooks on my kindle, probably for no better reason than they are free and they take up no physical space. Anyway, I don't want to bog my reader down with a bunch of junk, so I'm pledging to read 25 ebooks this year, which falls into the Megabytes category. 
  

 As a rough list, here is what I plan to read for the 2016 Challenges.

The Eye of God                               Ariel Allison
Remnants                                         K.A. Applegate
Bitten                                               Kelly Armstrong
Angels and Demons                        Dan Brown
The Perfect Scent                            Chandler Burr
Ender’s Game                                  Orson Scott Card
The Wizard Heir                              Cinda Williams Chima
Jurassic Park                                    Michael Crichton
City of Ember                                  Jeanne DuPrau
Lean Mean Thirteen                        Janet Evanovich
The Lost One                                   Lynne Ewing
Moon Demon                                   Lynne Ewing
Possession                                        Lynne Ewing
The Choice                                       Lynne Ewing
The Talisman                                    Lynne Ewing
The Prophecy                                   Lynne Ewing
The Becoming                                 Lynne Ewing
Memoirs of a Geisha                      Arthur Golden
Black Magic Sanction                    Kim Harrison
Godless                                           Pete Hautman
The Traveler                                   John Twelve Hawks
Birdman                                          Mo Hayder
Glass                                               Ellen Hopkins
A Thousand Splendid Suns            Khaled Houssini
The Society of S                             Susan Hubbard
The Gunslinger                               Stephen King
Epic                                     Connor Kostick
A Wrinkle in Time              Madeline L’engle
A Wind in the Door            Madeline L’engle
A Swiftly Tilting Planet      Madeline L’engle
Vampire Academy               Rachel Mead
Frostbite                              Rachel Mead
Shadow Kiss                       Rachel Mead
Trickster’s Choice              Tamora Pierce
Trickster’s Queen               Tamora Pierce
Lizard People                     Charlie Price
Deja Dead                          Kathy Reichs
Death Du Jour                    Kathy Reichs
The Titan’s Curse              Rick Riordan
The Satanic Verses            Salman Rushdie
The Thirteenth Tale          Diane Setterfield
Pretty Little Liars             Sara Shepard
The Bad Beginning          Lemony Snicket
The Reptile Room            Lemony Snicket
The Wide Window           Lemony Snicket
The Miserable Mill          Lemony Snicket
The Austere Academy     Lemony Snicket
The Ersatz Elevator         Lemony Snicket
The Vile Village              Lemony Snicket
The Hostile Hospital       Lemony Snicket
Carnivorous Carnival      Lemony Snicket
The Slippery Slope          Lemony Snicket
The Grim Grotto             Lemony Snicket
The Penultimate Peril     Lemony Snicket
The End                          Lemony Snicket
The Ruins                       Scott Smith
Silver Borne                   Patricia Briggs
Storm of Swords            George R. R. Martin
Feast for Crows             George R.R. Martin
Catch-22                        Joseph Heller
The Poe Shadow            Matthew Pearl
MARTians                     Blythe Woolston
LINK                             Summer Wier
Becoming Darkness      Lindsey Francis Brambles
If I Stay                         Gayle Foreman
Berlin Noir                    Philip Kerr
The Invisible Bridge     Julie Orringer
Monster                         Frank Peretti
It’s Kind of a Funny Story        Ned Vizinni
Eat. Pray. Love.             Elizabet Gilbert
The Enemy                    Charlie Higson

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com