February 15, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

What I Read Last Week:


Most of the reading I did last week was on my Kindle. As such, four out of the six books I read were electronic copies, and three out of the six are novellas.

  1. Dark Desires by Eve Silver -- Gothic Historical Romance -- My Rating: 4/6 stars 
  2. LINK (The Shadow of Light #1) by Summer Wier -- YA SciFi Fantasy -- My Rating: 3/6 Stars
  3. The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass #0.1) by Sarah J Maas -- YA Fantasy--My Rating: 4/6 Stars 
  4. The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass #0.4) by Sarah J Maas --YA Fantasy -- My Rating: 4/6 Stars 
  5. The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass #0.5) by Sarah J Maas -- YA Fantasy--My Rating: 4/6 Stars 
  6. Locke & Key Vol. 3 : Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill -- Illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez -- Horror Fantasy -- My Rating: 6/6 Stars

What I Am Reading Now:




 

  • Becoming Darkness by Lindsey Francis Brambles
    I'm about 200 pages into this one and it is pretty good. The world is an alternet reality where Hitler and his squad of goonies released a virus onto the population which turned people into vamps, or in very few cases Immunes. The story is told from the perspective of a 17 year old Immune living in the only human habitat on the world.
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
    I covered this one in the last post, but I have yet to get to it.
  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
    What little I know about this book is that it's an alternate-midevial tale involving dragons. It's basically a YA high fantasy mystery adventure.

New To The Stacks -- bought, begged, or borrowed in the past week or so:



I collected two e-books in the last week and I obtained one book from the library.


Up Next:

 

 For the rest of this month I plan to work on my previously created TBR. I only have three books left:

Posts From Last Week:

Waiting on Wednesday: "United as One" by Pittacus Lore
Review: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
Challenges 2016: #ShelfLove


3 comments:

  1. I have a like/dislike relationship with novellas. Looks like you really enjoyed the ones you read. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many, but I enjoyed these because of the background history from Celaena that was only alluded to in Throne of Glass.

      Delete
  2. Wow....lots of books read last week.

    Looks like a good week this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com