March 24, 2011

Books 18-26.




 This shall be mini reviews and my ratings of each books because I'm majorly behind and I don't remember all of them enough to write a full review.

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab.
Murder. Boy questioning everything. Boy and dead girls cousin decide to get to the bottom of the murder. Lots of plot twists and the story comes from different characters perspectives. Amazing. amazing. Amazing. 6/6

Eon; Dragoneye Reborn by Allison Goodman
Lots different from what I would normally read. China. Lots of different customs. Dragons choose their dragoneyes. Dragoneyes protect provinces of china from disaster. Main character is a girl pretending to be a boy. A little long. Still really good. 5/6.

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
Banshee. Different take on it. Fun to read. Story wasn't all that hard to think about, it was nice for a change. Main  character falls in love, finds out she's a banshee, boy loves her is a banshee too. People are unexpectedly dieing and she has to solve why using her banshee powers. 4/6.

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Most of this book I was angry at the protaganist because she loved a boy who she was convinced didn't love her back but it was always her blowing things out of proportion and me wanting to beat some sense into her. Mystery wasn't much of a mystery. Disappointing second in series. 3.5/6.

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
Second Banshee book. Was okay .Got tired of the whining. Find out an executive is trading pop stars souls for the betterment of the company. Main character solves the mystery and saves some pop stars. 4/6.

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Based off of Edgar Allan Poe's life. Was really interesting but too drawn out. It could have been better, but it wasn't. Plus the book was 600+ pages with hardly any resolution, and there are two more in the series. Disappointment would be one word for it. 4/6.

Captivate by Carrie Jones
I missed Zara. I enjoyed this book. I love Astley. I can never be team Nick. It happens. Pixies were badass as usual. The storyline was really good. It ended pretty well, but it's good that I had one book after the other as it ended with a giant cliffhanger, that would've sucked. I'mma do a better review on this and Entice vecause I can. But I finished Entice this evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com