October 31, 2012

Book 77.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

I was both impressed and disappointed by this book. Loved the ending. Can't wait for the next one. But it'll be awhile because I waited 3 months for my turn to get this one from the library. Tris really grew to me as a character while Tobias (Four) stay fairly stagnant. I wanted more character development from him and for both of them in their relationship but I should have known better after all the misfortune in Tris' family that brought about the end of the last novel. Jeanine was a really interesting character to me and I wish we had learned more about her rather than everyone just hating her and her being the stereotypical archetypal villain. Marcus also interests me and I hope to learn more about him in the next book but that seems unlikely because his "secret" was revealed to everyone. Though technically it wasn't his secret alone. I'm excited for them to go out into the real world next novel, if that is really what will happen. But it's difficult to stray from inbreed customs when faced with adversity and the task of "fixing" all the problems of the real world. Tris, I hope to meet you again in the future and I can't wait to read what becomes of your adventure and your life. Hopefully a happily ever with Tobias if I do say so myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com