November 21, 2012

Books 11.21.12.

Wanna know what I read this week?
Well, I'll tell you, but only because you had to have been thinking "uhh, sure. I mean, that's why I'm here at your site, right? To look at what kind of books you read?". Or at least something along those lines.
Well, I guess technically I didn't read all that much this week, but I do have books I picked up from the library to read. I'm a little broke right now, so the library is doing me well. Plus, with the inter library loan program I can get pretty much whatever book I want.

1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
2. The Eternal Ones by Kristen Miller
3. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
4. The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
5. Tigers Curse by Colleen Houck
6. Dearly, Departed by Lia Harel
7. The Magician King by Lev Grossman
8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I read The Night Circus, The Magicians and The Rise of Nine this week. I borrowed The Night Circus from my friends' girlfriend. She's cool in that we swap books based on each others taste. She also let me borrow the Fifty Shades of Grey series, which I thought was absolute crap, but read anyway. I already owned The Magicians but after reading The Night Circus I wanted to read a book about magic that didn't come from witches or fey, just well, magicians. Then finally I finished The Rise of Nine yesterday. It, along with the rest I have yet to read are from the library. I felt that Nine ended way to quickly and I wanted so much more than to wait for another book, which probably won't come out until next year.
I'm currently reading Tigers Curse and I'm only about 70 pages in. It's good so far, but I feel like maybe the writing is a little to young for me as a reader, but it still has appeal. More thoughts when I'm actually finished.

Well, that's all for me today.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my bloggity-blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com