February 8, 2016

It's Monday! What are you Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

What I Read Last Week:




If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
The Wide Widow by Lemony Snicket
MARTians by Blythe Woolston
Locke & Key Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill, Illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez

What I Am Reading Now:



 Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
  • This is a highly anticipated read for me. I loved Anna and the French Kiss, but then I loved Lola and the Boy Next Door even more. I'm not much of a contemporary lover, but I do love me some Stephanie Perkins writing. I put this novel on my Goodreads To-read shelf in December of 2013. Isla and the Happily Ever After was released August 2015. And here we are in February 2016 and I'm so glad I finally picked it up from the library.
Locke & Key Vol 3: Crown of Shadows by Joe Hill, Illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez
  • I found in the last year that I really enjoyed graphic novels. I read most of the Saga series by Brian K. Vaughn last year, and with my library not having the fifth volume, I moved on to Locke & Key. I love the dark story Joe Hill came up with and I can't wait to find out what happens to the characters, be it bad or good, I just can't get enough.
LINK by Summer Wier
  • I won this book in a giveaway on YABooksCentral. Summer Wier was a 2015 Debut Author and I'm always excited to find new authors that I like. LINK sounds super interesting. I started it last night and the first couple of chapters were kind of confusing, but I'm going to keep pushing through to see if things clear themselves up. No opinions yet, as I know very little about this book.

New To The Stacks -- bought, begged, or borrowed in the past week or so:



  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor arrived at my doorstep last Monday. I read this book close to it's release date, I own the second in the series, Days of Blood and Starlight. So, when I received a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, it took me a while to carefully select which books I really wanted. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was one of the winners and I'm so glad to add it to my stacks where it will look so beautiful...once I get Dreams of Gods and Monsters to complete the set.
  • Sunset Boulevard by Zoey Dean I picked up from Goodwill. I have most of the original A-list series, and I was surprised to see this there, so I picked it up to add to my collection.
  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman is actually part of my library haul. I did not buy it. I have been keeping my eye out for this novel, but it has hardly ever been checked in at the library so I did a lot of waiting. But here we are, I should be reading this sometime in the next week as well.

Up Next:


I'll be steadily working on my 2016 Shelf Love Challenge and my February TBR.

Posts From Last Week:


What I'm Reading: Month of February
Review: Sirensong by Jenna Black

Hope you all enjoyed. Have a marvelous reading week. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I listened to and loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Need to read the Isla and the HEA! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Read 2016

Alicia's bookshelf: read-2016

Sirensong
really liked it
tagged: faerie-tales, from-library, and read-2016
The Girl with All the Gifts
it was amazing
tagged: zombieees, from-library, and read-2016
The Darkest Part of the Forest
really liked it
tagged: read-2016, faerie-tales, and from-library

goodreads.com
Copyright © Alicia's BookLust | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com